Business Development Manager – World Travel Retail
Location – Dubai, UAE
Schedule – Full time
What makes working at Mondelez World Travel Retail (WTR) so special?
Many things…The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and opportunities to grow. Exposure to global business and cross-cultural interaction. The chance to delight every traveller’s journey.
Often described as the ‘6thcontinent’, travel retail is an exciting industry with specialized trade channels such as airports, airlines, border stores, ferry, and cruise lines among others.
Mondelez WTR is the world’s leading confectionery supplier in travel retail with iconic brands such as Toblerone, Cadbury, Milka, and Oreo.
As the Business Development Manager (BDM) you will work within the agreed framework of WTR strategies and Annual Financial Budgets to develop and successfully implement the regional Business Development Plan to deliver the annual / medium-term business objectives for the given markets and accounts. You will take over P&L responsibility for Travel Retail market in Africa/Levant; you will be the key contributor to grow and strengthen Mondelez leadership position in an environment of increasing competition.
- Develop Business Development plan for the area / key accounts / markets to deliver the annual objectives.
- To implement the plans and the agreed core basic business principles are to be reflected (focus on portfolio management, listings and distribution, effective promotional and visibility programs).
- Propose a merchandising and promotions plan and ensure its implementation in order to optimise WTR’s point of sale exposure.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant legislation and company policies and practices in the area of responsibility.
- Elaborate and ensure forecast accuracy for the given area, in conjunction with Senior Business Development Manager and Supply Chain requirements.
- Provide local support to execute WTR participation in trade fairs and events.
- Cross-cultural knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to achieve superior results in different markets with varying degrees of maturity
- Customer focus
- Key Account Management
- 3-5 years in a similar function
- Export or international experience
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful international business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Sound interesting? Please apply, including a copy of your CV.